Domestic Gathering is a creative carpet that promotes a sense of community. As though invoking feelings and experiences often associated with outdoor activities such as camping, the creative carpet takes on a circular aesthetic that revolves around a bonfire center. That's right, there is an open fire in the middle of the design.
Conceived by Stephanie Langard, the creative carpet is meant to bring people together in an innovative and intimate way. Moving away from technology and other modern social activities, the creative carpet focuses on more organic and personal conversation in a setting that is comfortable and playful. The creative carpet is meant to be created out of leather strips that are woven together in a very tribal-esque way. This aesthetic brings attention to the overall purpose of the design.
Domestic Gathering by Stephanie Langard Boasts a Bonfire in the Middle
1. Community-centered Social Spaces - Opportunity for businesses to create innovative communal spaces that encourage organic and personal conversations among people.
2. Bringing the Outdoors Indoors - Opportunity to design products that simulate outdoor experiences and bring nature into indoor spaces.
3. Tribal-inspired Aesthetics - Opportunity for designers to incorporate tribal-esque aesthetics into various products and designs, creating a sense of cultural connection.
1. Hospitality - Hotels and resorts can create communal areas with bonfire-inspired designs to foster social interaction among guests.
2. Interior Design - Designers can incorporate nature-inspired elements into indoor spaces, such as fire pit-like features, to create unique and inviting environments.
3. Fashion and Textiles - Fashion and textile companies can draw inspiration from tribal aesthetics to create clothing, accessories, and home decor items that resonate with consumers seeking cultural connections.