The basic crab cake is given a culinary makeover with this recipe for Crab Cake Sliders. These bite-sized burgers make a crispy patty out of the iconic biscuit.
The typical crab cake is a side dish that has become quite popular among the masses. While there are numerous gluten-free and vegan crab cakes, this recipe produces an appetizer strictly targeted at those with a meat-filled diet. However, these Crab Cake Sliders are made with ingredients that are sure to appeal to health-conscious eaters.
Encased within whole-grain slider buns, these crispy crab cakes are topped with a spicy lime yogurt spread and pineapple kiwi salsa. Crab Cake Sliders make the perfect pre-meal snack or cookout accent.
This 'How Sweet Eats' Recipe Refashions the Typical Crab Cake
1. Seafood Appetizers - Given the popularity of seafood-based small dishes as healthier options, restaurants could offer similar creative seafood appetizers like this recipe for Crab Cake Sliders.
2. Health-conscious Eaters - There is a growing trend towards healthier foods and ingredients, and recipes like Crab Cake Sliders that utilize whole-grain buns and healthy toppings could appeal to this segment of the population.
3. Small-bite Alternatives - Requests such as these crab cake slider buns, which are a more compact and flavorful option to a typical sandwich, will become more common in the future.
1. Food and Beverage - The food and beverage industry will benefit from innovative recipes that add a new twist to traditional, staple comfort foods, like Crab Cake Sliders.
2. Catering - In order to meet the needs of varying dietary needs caterings in the new normal, small seafood appetizers like Crab Cake Sliders can be offered and customized as per customer's respective needs.
3. Hospitality - Restaurants at hotels and resorts can benefit from introducing unique variations of classic dishes to attract new customers, such as these Crab cake sliders that offer a seafood twist on a traditional burger.