The Cougar Barbie video above is priceless, for both lovers and haters of the iconic plastic bombshell.
To stereotype middle-aged women (Barbie did celebrate her 50th anniversary this year, after all) Cougar Barbie is all about the plastic surgery and Botox… at least in her face; her boobs are still (very much) sagging. Since Ken will no longer do (they did start dating in High School, which is exactly the age she still has an affinity for) she’s on the prowl for young plastic gents once again. Of course, the video wouldn’t be complete if she wasn’t also wearing leopard-print and had a martini in hand.
Video Makes Fun of Saggy-Boobed, Botox-Loving, 50-Year-Old Barbie
1. Anti-aging Plastic Surgery - An opportunity to capitalize on the growing demand for anti-aging plastic surgery as portrayed by Cougar Barbie.
2. Age-inclusive Marketing - An opportunity to market products and services to middle-aged women that doesn't stereotype them as old and unattractive like Cougar Barbie.
3. Humor in Advertising - An opportunity to add humor to advertising campaigns as demonstrated by the Cougar Barbie video.
1. Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery - The cosmetic and plastic surgery industry can capitalize on the increasing demand for anti-aging procedures like those promoted by Cougar Barbie.
2. Marketing and Advertising - Marketing and advertising firms can explore age-inclusive marketing strategies to reach middle-aged women unlike the stereotypical portrayal presented in the Cougar Barbie video.
3. Entertainment and Media - Opportunities exist for entertainment and media companies to tap into the humor of advertising as demonstrated by the Cougar Barbie video.