In celebration of St George’s Day, Cotswolds Distillery announced the launch of its second Heart and Crafts expression, a single malt whisky aged in Pineau de Charentes casks. The indulgent wine has been aged in the white grape Pineau casks, creating a slightly more bitter and tannic note than American oak casts offer. Ringing in at 55.2% ABV, the new wine boasts a warm long finish with hints of white pepper and almond that is complimented by a rich, caramelized aroma.
“I first started drinking Pineau on a trip to the beautiful Atlantic island of Isle de Ré, just off the cost of La Rochelle, in 1994 and I’ve always had a soft spot for it,” said Daniel Szor, Cotswolds Distillery founder. “Hence the excitement at the idea of aging our Cotswolds single malt spirit in these casks.”
The Cotswolds Hearts and Crafts Pineau de Charentes Cask is available to buy exclusively from the distillery in a limited run for £74.95 per 700ml bottle.
Image Credit: Cotswolds
The Cotswolds Hearts & Crafts Pineau de Charentes Cask Has a Warm Finish
1. Aged Wine Cask Whisky - There is an opportunity in the liquor industry to produce more types of aged wine cask whiskies, which can introduce new flavors to whiskey enthusiasts.
2. High-abv Alcoholic Drinks - The trend of releasing high-ABV alcohol drinks like the Cotswolds Hearts and Crafts Pineau de Charentes Cask should be explored as it offers unique flavors and scents to the drinkers.
3. Localized, Small Batch Alcohol Production - Producers can experiment with localized, small-batch alcohol production, as it creates an opportunity for unique branding, limited edition releases and engaging with the local community.
1. Liquor - The liquor industry has an opportunity to experiment with wine cask-aged whiskies, creating unique flavors for whiskey enthusiasts.
2. Alcohol - The high ABV alcohol trend presents a unique opportunity for companies to experiment along different liquor products, offering new flavors and scents to drinkers.
3. Small Batch Distilling - Exploring the concept of localized, small-batch alcohol production presents an opportunity for producers to experiment with branding and to connect with the local community.