Cosmetics recycling is notoriously difficult since there are some materials that are easy to recycle, some that are accepted in some places and not others and non-recyclable plastics. Since not all plastics are created equally, Italian cosmetics packaging supplier Mktg Industry created innovative packaging for lipsticks and solid makeup sticks. These designs are said to reduce plastic use by up to 60% and introduce a new “S2R” or separate-to recycle concept.
The Lipstick Gea and Face Stick Gea are made with materials like paper and plastic, which can easily be separated for the purposes of recycling. While the solutions boast cardboard or paper bases, they also include plastic mechanisms and sleeves, which can be separated by consumers to make sure that the materials end up in the right place for reuse.
Image Credit: Mktg Industry
Mktg Industry's S2R Reduces Plastic in Cosmetics Recycling
1. Eco-friendly Packaging - Innovative packaging designs that reduce plastic use and introduce separate-to-recycle concepts.
2. Sustainable Cosmetics - The development of cosmetics products that prioritize environmental friendliness and recycling.
3. Circular Economy - The adoption of packaging solutions that enable materials to be reused and recycled in a closed-loop system.
1. Cosmetics Packaging - Opportunity for suppliers to develop eco-friendly packaging solutions that address the challenges of cosmetics recycling.
2. Sustainability Consulting - Consulting services to help businesses in the cosmetics industry adopt sustainable practices and implement circular economy models.
3. Recycling Infrastructure - Investment and innovation in recycling facilities and technologies to handle the separation and processing of different materials used in cosmetics packaging.