Back in December 'Connect Bb Hertz' was officially launched and since then, the company has worked hard to bring the best and most popular electric cars to its catalog.
Today the success of this initiative took another step forward as the car rental company has just announced the first rental of the immensely popular Chevy Volt which they recently added to their service. The news marks another giant step forward for the viability of environmentally friendly vehicles as rental cars, and as Hertz is one of the key leaders in the industry it is hoped their successful example will inspire other companies to follow suit.
The Chevy Volt Joins the 'Connect by Hertz' Success Story
1. Green Rental Cars - The rise of eco-friendly rental cars leads to opportunities for disruptive innovation such as partnerships with sustainable energy companies for recharging stations and implementing eco-friendly cleaning techniques.
2. Electric Vehicle Rentals - The growth of electric vehicle rental services creates opportunities for innovation in battery technology, vehicle production, and charging infrastructure.
3. Sustainable Transportation - The increasing demand for sustainable transportation options presents opportunities for innovation in ride-sharing, public transit, and autonomous vehicles.
1. Car Rental - Established car rental companies can capitalize on the trend towards environmentally friendly vehicles by expanding their electric vehicle rental fleets and offering plug-in hybrid options.
2. Automotive - Automotive manufacturers can take advantage of the trend by launching more eco-friendly and sustainable models, developing battery technology and exploring new approaches to mobility such as autonomous vehicles.
3. Energy - Energy companies can partner with electric vehicle rental services to build sustainable charging infrastructure and explore innovative approaches to generating and distributing power.