Facebook now lets video game streamers set their own community guidelines, by providing them with a tool kit that can empower streamers to build a fun atmosphere centered around gaming. In order to create the community guidelines tool kit, Facebook collaborated with an organization named Fair Play Alliance to decide on eight rules. The rules are centered around the concept of inclusion and being respectful to others. However, streamers will have the ability to select which rules they would like their fans to follow.
Though the new community guidelines tool kit, it is clear that Facebook is attempting to build its game streaming presence. The platform even signed a number of prominent gamers who previously streamed on different platforms.
Image Credit: Shutterstock
Facebook Now Lets Game Streamers Select Their Community Rules
1. User-generated Community Guidelines - Facebook empowering game streamers to create their own rules for a fun and inclusive gaming community.
2. Inclusive Gaming Atmosphere - Building a gaming atmosphere centered around inclusion and respect is a disruptive innovation opportunity for game streaming platforms.
3. Personalized Fan Interaction - Allowing streamers to choose the rules their fans must follow creates new opportunities for personalized fan engagement on social media gaming platforms.
1. Social Media Gaming Platforms - Enabling game streamers to set their own community guidelines is a potential disruptive innovation for social media platforms, creating a more interactive and inclusive gaming experience.
2. Game Streaming Services - Introducing personalized community guidelines can revolutionize the game streaming industry, providing better control and customization options for streamers and their fans.
3. Online Gaming Communities - The ability for game streamers to set their own rules fosters a sense of empowerment and inclusivity within online gaming communities, leading to a more positive and engaging environment.