You can expect an epic spew of creativity when Victor & Rolf, Jean Paul Gaultier and Comme des Garçons show their collections on the same day in Paris. In the case of the Comme des Garçons Spring 2010 Collection, the model hairstyles stole the show as the main fashion accessory. The wigs, which looked like cotton-candy pinned into poodle-esque hairdos, were baby pink, green and yellow.
It’s hard to decide if the hairstyles detracted or benefited the Comme des Garcons Spring 2010 line, which had heavy circus appeal. Besides classic black and white polka dots, there were cherry red suede shoes, and patchwork florals. Designer Rei Kawakubo is known for her highly creative concepts, and may have explained this collection best backstage when she admitted, “I’m an adult delinquent, to the end.”
Pastel Afros Grace Comme des Garcons Spring 2010 Collection
1. Pastel Hairstyles - There is an opportunity for beauty companies to experiment with and sell more pastel hair dyes and temporary hair color products.
2. Whimsical Fashion Accessories - Designers can leverage quirky and whimsical fashion accessories like cotton candy-themed hair accessories to create an identity and differentiate from competitors.
3. Circus-inspired Fashion Trends - Fashion brands can incorporate circus elements and aesthetics into their collections to stand out and appeal to a younger, more adventurous demographic.
1. Beauty - The beauty industry can introduce new product lines specifically catering to pastel hair color trends.
2. Fashion - Fashion brands can leverage circus-inspired fashion elements to differentiate their collections and attract a younger demographic.
3. Cosplay and Costume - Cosplay and costume industries can incorporate cotton candy-themed wigs and accessories to add a fun, whimsical element to their products.