For those looking for an innovative way to build relationships, consider the CoJoy bike. Chinese designer Pengtao Yu designed this unique bicycle, which requires riders to work together to make the bike cruise straight or turn.
Inspired by double paddle boats and the rotating movement of wheelchairs, the CoJoy bike accommodates two riders, with each controlling one wheel. Therefore, each rider as to pedal at the same speed and time for the bike to move straight. For turns, the rider on the outside has to pedal faster than the other. As The Design Blog puts it, the CoJoy bike “requires a perfect balance or communication between the riders becomes essential, other than the basic skills of riding a bike.”
The Cojoy Bike Requires Cooperation & Communication from Riders
1. Collaborative Biking - The trend of designing bicycles that require teamwork to operate presents opportunities for disruptive innovation in the sports and fitness industries.
2. Social Adventure - The trend of CoJoy bikes, which encourage cooperation and communication, presents opportunities for disruptive innovation in the tourism and hospitality industries.
3. Team Building Through Play - The trend of CoJoy bikes as a fun way to build relationships presents opportunities for disruptive innovation in the corporate training and development industry.
1. Sports and Fitness - Manufacturers can create new bike models prompting collaboration among riders and enhance group dynamics which can disrupt the sports and fitness field.
2. Tourism and Hospitality - Hotels can offer CoJoy bikes as part of their customer experience to promote social interaction among guests and form disruptive innovation within the tourism and hospitality niche.
3. Training and Development - Team-building programs and events can feature the CoJoy bikes as a group activity with intrinsic incentives that can disrupt traditional corporate training methods.