The Coinonia Fall 2011 collection has an extremely interesting aesthetic. The clothing featured in their lookbook uses fraying and sheer fabrics in an effort to create a distressed look, serving as a throwback to the 90s grunge era. The effort is well-received.
Coinonia, a recently newer label, has used their basic color palette of black, grey and orange, and maximized the dramatics against the white backdrop. The collection itself is very flowy, yet still boxy, giving a masculine feel to this women's collection.
What sets this collection aside from other fall collections is the unique use of fraying material. Designers Momoko Hashigami and Kiho Kim have an interesting aesthetic and styled the clothes with chains and yarn-like necklaces, creating overall cohesiveness.
The Coinonia Fall 2011 collection is chic and has perfect designs for the fall season.
The Coinonia Fall 2011 Collection is Grungy Yet Chic
1. Fraying Fashion - Opportunity for designers to explore distressed aesthetics and innovative use of fraying materials in fashion collections.
2. Sheer Fabrics - Growing trend of using sheer fabrics in fashion to create a unique and edgy look for clothing.
3. 90s Grunge Revival - Increasing demand for fashion collections inspired by the 90s grunge era, presenting an opportunity for designers to incorporate elements of grunge fashion in their designs.
1. Fashion Design - Fashion designers can explore the use of fraying materials, sheer fabrics, and grunge aesthetics in their collections to create unique and innovative designs.
2. Textile Manufacturing - Manufacturers can invest in the production of fraying materials and sheer fabrics to meet the growing demand from fashion designers.
3. Accessories and Jewelry - Opportunity for accessory and jewelry designers to create chains and yarn-like necklaces that complement the fraying and distressed aesthetics in fashion collections.