The latest coffee commercial by McDonald's McCafé is quite hilarious and entertaining. The marketing campaign focuses on the rising culture of coffee snobs and gently pokes fun at their lifestyles and obsession with the bean.
The coffee commercial begins with a long shot of a mountainous region, frequently transitioning to people enjoying the smell, taste, and texture of coffee. The entire video is riddled with "advertising clichés" like Arabica beans falling from above in slow-mo and a professional barista experimenting with flavor in a lab-like environment.
The McCafé coffee commercial is done in collaboration with creative agency Leo Burnett London and it seeks to look at the obsession with the bean "in a humorous yet relatable way."
This McCafé Ad Deals with the Outrageous Side of Coffee Snob Culture
1. Anti-snob Marketing - An opportunity for coffee brands to create campaigns that poke fun at the elitism surrounding coffee culture.
2. Humorous Advertising - A trend in which brands use humor to engage consumers and differentiate their products.
3. Marketing Parody - An opportunity for brands to create marketing that parodies or satirizes cultural trends to connect with audiences.
1. Coffee Industry - An opportunity for coffee brands to create marketing campaigns that engage consumers and poke fun at coffee snob culture.
2. Marketing Industry - As humorous and parody-based advertising gains popularity, there is an opportunity for marketing professionals to create campaigns that resonate with audiences through humor.
3. Creative Industry - With the increasing popularity of humorous and satirical advertising, there is an opportunity for creative agencies to develop campaigns that poke fun at cultural trends while still promoting a product or brand.