Located at the Vetura Lambrate exhibition space, the Cloud Table by Studio Maks features wireless phone charging pads and WiFi signal strengtheners.The charging pads are integrated into the table’s surface, so visitors merely have to lay their device on top of the table for them to charge.
The studio’s founder, Marieke Kums, notes the convenience factor by saying, “Our aim was to design an environment at the Salone in Milan that would accommodate people’s needs for social interaction and information exchange during this week long design fair.”
In terms of design, the table is constructed out of poplar wood and steel, in a fluid shape that Kums describes as “sensual.” Indeed, the table looks almost as thought it’s floating, living up to its name.
The Cloud Table by Studio Maks Lets You Leave Your Charger at Home
1. Wireless Charging Furniture - Designing furniture that integrates wireless charging technology.
2. Iot-enabled Furniture - Incorporating IoT capabilities into furniture design for added functionality and convenience.
3. Smart Home Furniture - Creating furniture that is seamlessly integrated with the smart home ecosystem.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - Furniture manufacturers can explore the integration of smart technology into their designs for added convenience and functionality.
2. Interior Design - Interior designers can consider incorporating wireless charging furniture into their projects to enhance the user experience and convenience.
3. Technology - Technology companies can partner with furniture manufacturers to develop integrated solutions for the connected home.