Exploring a very different concept to the regular reading light, the Clepsamia Time Lamp is less concerned with portability and more with the experience of the pastime itself. The unique contraption cannot clip onto your page, but it can be smuggled under your covers and trusted to illuminate your page.
The idea of the hour glass was recreated with this fixture, here replacing sand with light. LEDs within both pyramids of the abstract piece create the illusion of falling grains as the glow seems to creep down to the object's base.
It takes one full hour for the light to apparently pass through Marco Spataro's Clepsamia Time Lamp. It marks a reasonable period for one to escape with a book and can be easily reversed for more time on the clock.
The Clepsamia Time Lamp Has a Lapse of Illumination That Lasts 60 Minutes
1. Hourglass Lighting - Innovative hourglass lighting design could inspire more creative lighting solutions with a focus on experience.
2. Time-based Illumination - Exploring the experience of reading suggests time-based illumination concepts with unique and practical applications.
3. Innovative Reading Lamps - Unique reading light designs such as the Clepsamia Time Lamp may inspire novel approaches to lighting or simply contribute to a greater variety of reading lamps for consumers.
1. Interior Design - Innovative lighting designs such as the Clepsamia Time Lamp could appeal to interior designers or architects seeking unique lighting solutions for clients.
2. Home Decor - This innovative reading lamp could also contribute to the growing interest in unique home decor items, while inspiring new products in home lighting design space.
3. Consumer Electronics - Advances in unconventional lighting, like those experienced with the Clepsamia Time Lamp, could also encourage further exploration in the consumer electronics industry with possibilities to apply light technology to a variety of devices from computers to smartphones.