If you’re sick of Skype, then you need to check out the Cisco Umi. The Cisco Umi is a new device that attaches to your HDTV and enables it to videoconference over the Internet.
The Cisco Umi comes with a hefty price tag and a monthly subscription fee, which could turn off some prospective buyers. Despite its cost, the Cisco Umi is a great way to videoconference with the elderly and the less-than-tech-savvy people in your life.
The Cisco Umi Lets You Videoconference on Your HDTV
1. Teleconferencing on Hdtvs - The disruption opportunity lies in developing affordable and user-friendly teleconferencing solutions that can be integrated into existing HDTVs.
2. Alternative to Skype - The opportunity here is to create innovative alternatives to Skype that offer improved features and functionalities.
3. Videoconferencing for Specific Target Groups - Developing specialized videoconferencing devices for elderly and less tech-savvy individuals presents an opportunity to tap into niche markets.
1. Consumer Electronics - The consumer electronics industry can embrace the trend of integrating teleconferencing capabilities into HDTVs and develop innovative products.
2. Telecommunications - Telecommunications companies can explore disruptive innovation by offering affordable and scalable videoconferencing services as an alternative to traditional providers.
3. Tech Support Services - Tech support companies can provide specialized assistance and training for elderly individuals and less tech-savvy users to enhance their videoconferencing experience.