The Circus and the Cyclone is a stunning graphic novel that uses the worst natural disaster in Wisconsin's history as its starting point. The book, which will be roughly about eighty pages, imagines the lives of characters living at the time of the disaster in 1899.
The Circus and the Cyclone, which is currently seeking funding on the Kickstarter platform, is a brilliant work of fiction; the characters in the book are quirky and exciting. This is definitely an interactive project that uses a historical event as a starting point.
Implications - Consumers are looking to transcend the everyday by escaping into realities that are wholly disimilar. These escapist desires stem from the banality of everyday life and the need for inspiration. Companies should take this mindset into account and create marketing initiatives that provide an element of fantasy.
The Circus and the Cyclone Romantizes Natural Disaster
1. Escapist Realities - Consumers desire to transcend everyday life by escaping into realities that are completely different, presenting opportunities for companies to create immersive experiences and products that offer an element of fantasy.
2. Historical Fiction - The popularity of works like 'The Circus and the Cyclone' showcases the interest in fictional narratives that take place during historical events, suggesting opportunities in the publishing and entertainment industries to create captivating stories within historical contexts.
3. Interactive Storytelling - The use of historical events as a starting point for an interactive project like 'The Circus and the Cyclone' demonstrates the demand for engaging narratives that allow users to actively participate, signaling opportunities in the digital media and gaming industries for more interactive storytelling experiences.
1. Publishing - The success of historical fiction novels like 'The Circus and the Cyclone' indicate potential disruptive innovation opportunities in the publishing industry to create captivating stories set during notable events in history.
2. Entertainment - The interest in fictional narratives based on historical events, such as 'The Circus and the Cyclone,' presents possibilities for the entertainment industry to produce engaging and immersive experiences that transport audiences to different time periods.
3. Digital Media - The demand for interactive storytelling experiences, as seen in projects like 'The Circus and the Cyclone,' presents avenues for disruptive innovation in the digital media industry by creating interactive narratives that offer users a more active role in the story.