Frank's Red Hot, the beloved American hot sauce brand that celebrates "putting that $#!t on everything," has announced the upcoming release of its Cicada Cookbook, which really challenges fans to explore the hot sauce's flavor combination capabilities.
The cookbook was released digitally ahead of Memorial Day Weekend, giving hot sauce lovers access to delicious and unique recipes that they can share. Of course, each dish is made with cicadas, the insects that can be heard throughout the warm summer months. When prepared correctly, the bugs are said to deliver a light smokey flavor and provide a wonderfully crunchy texture.
The Frank's Red Hot Cicada Cookbook comes with 13 hot sauce-rich dishes, including Air-Fried Buffalo Cicada “Wings”, Buffalo Bug Dip, and Spicy Cicada Mary.
Image Credit: Frank's Red Hot
Frank's Red Hot Cicada Cookbook Challenges Fans to Explore New Tastes
1. Insect Cuisine - There is an opportunity for companies to explore the use of insects as a sustainable and healthy food source.
2. Alternative Protein - With the increasing popularity of plant-based and now insect-based protein, there is room for innovation in the food industry to cater to changing consumer preferences.
3. Novelty Foods - The success of out-of-the-box food combinations, like hot sauce and cicada, presents an opportunity for businesses to tap into consumer curiosity and adventurous taste buds.
1. Food and Beverage - The incorporation of edible insects into food products is a growing trend in the food and beverage industry, with potential for growth as a sustainable and nutritious alternative protein source.
2. Publishing - The digital release of the Frank's Red Hot Cicada Cookbook represents a shift in the publishing industry as it embraces online platforms to reach a wider audience.
3. Marketing and Advertising - The success of campaigns that rely on mixing surprise with an established brand's signature flavor profile, like the Frank's Red Hot Cicada Cookbook, offers opportunities for marketing and advertising agencies to tap into their consumer psyche for creative campaigns.