It's standard and typically more economical for a company to order mass-produced containers on which they then incorporate their branding, but Chicken Kitchen packaging represents a slightly out-of-the-box approach. Looking rather like the thin folded cartons that hold takeout donuts, this little crate design embodies enhanced contours.
The top of the handle has not been cut across with the usual straight line; instead, it has a couple of rounded projections that accommodate the extension of the illustrations on the box. The Wildfire studio worked bold cartoons of the rooster mascot into Chicken Kitchen packaging and strove to make an image that would overpower the carton. Similarly, the pictures on the stickers extend beyond the generally circular form and the container sleeves have exaggerated handgrips.
Chicken Kitchen Branding Lets the Illustration Dictate the Carton's Shape
1. Interactive Packaging - Opportunity for brands to incorporate illustrations and designs on packaging that interact with the product's shape and contours.
2. Enhanced Branding - Brands can utilize bold and attention-grabbing illustrations to create a strong visual identity on their packaging.
3. Exaggerated Design Elements - Opportunity to incorporate exaggerated handgrips, projections, and extensions on packaging for a unique and memorable customer experience.
1. Food and Beverage Packaging - Food and beverage brands can explore incorporating interactive and enhanced branding techniques to make their products stand out on the shelves.
2. Graphic Design and Illustration - Opportunity for graphic designers and illustrators to collaborate with brands to create captivating and visually dynamic packaging designs.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Marketing and advertising agencies can help brands develop innovative packaging concepts that disrupt the traditional approach and capture consumer attention.