The Cheetah Bot will be created by Boston Dynamics especially for DARPA(Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency).
The Cheetah Bot will be much faster than any human and capable of hunting. Bearing a close resemblance to the real predator, the Cheetah Bot will feature a standard, man-made, feline body, tail and four legs, making the bot efficient enough to run, chase and stop.
Boston Dynamics has not revealed much about the animal bot's military applications; however, the Discovery Channel has taught me that nature's cheetah is one powerful being, so I'm thinking the Cheetah Bot has a lot to offer.
According to Wired.Com, "Cheetah’s makers see it galloping to the rescue and building a brave new future in the fields of emergency response, firefighting, advanced agriculture and vehicular travel.”
The Cheetah Bot is Unbelievably Fast and Furious
1. Robotic Jungle Cats - Disruptive innovation opportunity: The development of highly efficient and agile robotic animals for various applications in emergency response, firefighting, agriculture, and transportation.
2. Fast and Furious Cheetah Bot - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating a groundbreaking robotic technology capable of surpassing human speed and agility for military, rescue, and transportation purposes.
3. Nature-inspired Robotics - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Harnessing the capabilities of natural predators like the cheetah to develop advanced robotic systems for defense, industry, and public safety.
1. Robotics - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrating robotic animal technology into industries such as emergency response, agriculture, and transportation for improved efficiency and effectiveness.
2. Emergency Response - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Leveraging the speed and agility of robotic animals like the Cheetah Bot to enhance emergency response capabilities and save lives.
3. Military - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Exploring the potential military applications of highly advanced and fast robotic animals for reconnaissance, surveillance, and other mission-critical operations.