December 2 has been coined 'Giving Tuesday,' -- a time where brands and charities seek to give back to communities and individuals in need, and as part of this philanthropic day, Lush cosmetics has announced that purchases of its Charity Pot cream will have twice the impact.
The Charity Pot cream is a product by Lush Cosmetics where proceeds are donated to local grassroots charity. On Giving Tuesday however, the brand will be donating 200% of the price (minus taxes) to local nonprofits that work to protect and preserve the environment.
This is not the only environmentally conscious initiative by the brand. This past October, Lush Cosmetics closed all North American locations in order to participate in the Global Climate strike. This serves to further its environmental missions while gaining consumer loyalty and brand recognition.
Lush Cosmetics is Giving Back By Matching Charity Pot Purchases
1. Philanthropic Initiatives - Opportunities to create charitable initiatives that support local grassroots charities and environmental causes.
2. Environmental Consciousness - Potential for brands to engage in environmentally conscious initiatives, such as participating in global climate strikes.
3. Consumer Loyalty and Brand Recognition - Importance of building consumer loyalty and brand recognition through philanthropic and environmentally friendly initiatives.
1. Cosmetics - Opportunities for cosmetics brands to introduce charitable products and initiatives to support social and environmental causes.
2. Nonprofit - Nonprofit organizations focusing on grassroots charity, environmental protection, and preservation can benefit from collaborations with cosmetic brands.
3. Retail - Potential for retail companies to engage in philanthropic initiatives and socially responsible practices to enhance their brand reputation.