IKEA may already offer some of the most convenient designs for home to date, but its latest line of charging furniture will introduce a new form of convenience. It incorporates Qi technology, which is already being used in many public locations such as hotels, restaurants, coffee shops and airports. By bringing this tech into its own business to create charging furniture, IKEA speaks to a generation that is becoming increasingly dependent on such devices.
The charging furniture collection essentially provides a wireless alternative to current power sources. This is something many consumers will appreciate. Cords and cables are not only hazards in the home, but also eyesores. By helping to eliminate them, IKEA provides a dual service.
IKEA is Incorporating Qi Technology into Some of Its Convenient Designs
1. Wireless Charging - The incorporation of Qi technology in furniture design presents an opportunity for further innovation in wireless charging technology.
2. Smart Furniture - The integration of technology into furniture design could lead to the development of smart furniture that can be controlled and customized through a smartphone app or voice commands.
3. Convenient Design - The trend towards convenience in furniture design is likely to continue as more consumers seek out practical and functional solutions for their homes.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - Manufacturers of furniture can seek to incorporate wireless charging technology in their designs to provide added value to customers.
2. Technology - Companies specializing in wireless charging technology can expand their product offerings to include furniture that incorporates their technology.
3. Hospitality - Hotels and restaurants can incorporate charging furniture in their designs to provide a convenient service for customers and stand out from competitors.