The Spring/Summer 2018 casual streetwear offerings by Calvin Klein's Jeans imprint has distinct pop art connotations. The label collaborated with the Andy Warhol Foundation and produced a collection that honors the late artist's aesthetic. The majority of the items — from the footwear to the casual streetwear silhouettes, have a white or black coloring. This is somewhat reminiscent of a canvas. Upon it, Calvin Klein Jeans superimposes pop art-styled self-portraits of the artist in a large chromatic bi-color variance.
The fashion label and the Andy Warhol Foundation experimented with different nuances, dimensions and positioning for the prints that embody a stencil-like appearance. The collection is dubbed 'Self Portraits' and is the perfect gift for the art enthusiast or those who seek inspiration.
Calving Klein Jeans Taps into Andy Warhol for Its Latest Line
1. Pop Art-inspired Streetwear - Fashion companies can consider collaborating with artists or art foundations to create unique and eye-catching collections.
2. Stenciled Self-portraits - Incorporating stenciled designs and pop art aesthetics can give a fresh twist to classic clothing silhouettes.
3. Art-influenced Footwear - Creating footwear designs inspired by famous artists can attract collectors and those who appreciate art.
1. Fashion - Fashion companies can tap into the art world to create unique and limited-edition collections.
2. Art - Art foundations can collaborate with fashion labels to reach a wider audience and promote the work of artists.
3. Footwear - Footwear brands can collaborate with famous artists to create limited-edition and collectible pieces that appeal to art lovers and fashion enthusiasts alike.