The Distroy Series by graphic artist Pez is made up of cartoon character art that's gradually decomposing. Homer, Bart, Mario, and our beloved Mickey Mouse all sport their signature, adorable expressions, despite the fact that their faces are slowly crumbling away.
Pez uses a graphite pencil to create complex, deteriorating layers, which showcases his incredible talent. The finished product is particularly haunting and grisly, guaranteeing that you won't look at your favorite characters the same way again. It's definitely off-putting to see their familiar faces in such a horrifying state.
Pez intricately portrays the slow process of deterioration with this ghoulish masterpiece of a series. These morbid cartoon corpses come just in time for Halloween.
This Cartoon Character Art Makes Your Childhood Favorites Gruesome
1. Ghoulish Art - There is an opportunity for artists to leverage the success of Pez's decomposing cartoon character art and create their unique brand of macabre art.
2. Deconstructed Nostalgia - Brands could use the style of Pez's art in their products, advertising campaigns and marketing strategy to add a touch of deconstructed nostalgia and appeal to audiences who value uniqueness and conceptual creativity.
3. Dark Humor - There could be an opportunity for comedians, TV shows, and movie producers to utilize this kind of dark humor and storytelling for a unique twist to traditional comedic programming.
1. Fine Arts - Art galleries can leverage artists who can create unique works that can appeal to audiences who love macabre art.
2. Brand Marketing - From product designs, ad campaigns and marketing strategies brands would benefit from leveraging unconventional styles and creativity to tap into the audience that loves conceptual art.
3. Entertainment - TV and Film production companies are presented with opportunities in creating comedy shows, movies, and series that incorporate the concept of dark humor and deconstructed nostalgia.