There is something magical and mythical about the Carsten Witte 'Psyche' photo series. Centered around beautiful women sprouting equally beautiful butterfly wings, these images seem as though they were plucked straight out of a fairytale as specimens to be examined.
The Carsten Witte 'Psyche' series is currently being exhibited at the Hannovers Art Gallery Holbein from August 19th 2010 to October 1st 2010.
The Carsten Witte 'Psyche' Series Examines Fairytale Specimens
1. Magical Photography - The Carsten Witte 'Psyche' series demonstrates the trend of using ethereal and fantastical elements in photography.
2. Fairytale Imagery - The use of butterfly wings and fairytale themes in the Carsten Witte 'Psyche' series reflects the trend of incorporating whimsical elements into art and design.
3. Fantastic Specimens - The concept of presenting the women in the Carsten Witte 'Psyche' series as specimens evokes the trend of exploring the intersection of art and science.
1. Fine Art - The Carsten Witte 'Psyche' series presents an opportunity for artists to experiment with magical and mythical themes in their work.
2. Fashion - The fairytale-inspired aesthetics of the Carsten Witte 'Psyche' series can inspire designers to create whimsical and fantastical clothing collections.
3. Photography - The use of special effects and digital manipulation in the Carsten Witte 'Psyche' series opens up possibilities for photographers to create imaginative and otherworldly images.