Chrysler will offer Internet access later this year, making them the first car manufacturer to offer the feature.
The WiFi will available as an add-on to cars that are already built and later will be part of the assembly line. Since it's WiFi, the driver will have to have a wireless phone contract to get good coverage. Eventually the radio will become the WiFi access port.
Implications - The Chrysler Jeep Wrangler will be the first car to feature WiFi. A spokesperson at the New York Auto Show has stated that it will also come with "an off-road navigation system, chrome grille, heavy-duty bumper and a special sound system." Chrysler wants to reach out and please its consumers in the most innovative ways possible.
Chrysler Turns Radios into Internet Ports
1. In-car Wifi - Chrysler is the first car manufacturer to offer internet access in cars.
2. Connected Cars - Cars are becoming more connected with features beyond the traditional infotainment systems.
3. Internet of Things (iot) in Automotive - The automotive industry is incorporating more IoT features such as in-car WiFi.
1. Automotive - The automotive industry is adopting more connected technologies beyond traditional infotainment features.
2. Telecommunications - The rise of in-car WiFi is likely to increase demand for wireless phone contracts.
3. Technology - The incorporation of internet-connected features in cars is creating new opportunities in the technology industry.