The watercolor works of Carmel Seymour are bound to sweep you away into a world of abstract wonder and surreal creativity. There is a strong motif of geological exploration that often melds with the concepts of playfulness, curiosity and, perhaps most importantly, immense amounts of imagination.
Based in Melbourne, Carmel Seymour recently graduated from Victoria College of Art. The series of work you see before you, titled "Between here and there is better than any other here or there," is a mixture of fine detailing intermixed with explosions of watercolor blots.
I especially love Carmel Seymour's paintings that have you literally sliding into another galaxy. To me, that really encompasses what it is like to be a child.
Carmel Seymour Paints With a Child's Imagination
1. Abstract Watercolor Artwork - Opportunity for disruptively innovating creative industries with bold, surreal designs.
2. Geological Exploration Motifs - Potential for disruption in fashion and home decor industries with unique designs inspired by geological exploration.
3. Childlike Imagination - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in product design aimed at encouraging and enhancing childlike wonder and imagination.
1. Fine Arts - Carmel Seymour's abstract watercolor works could disrupt the fine arts industry with bold, imaginative designs.
2. Fashion - The geological exploration motifs present in Seymour's work offer an opportunity for disruption in the fashion industry with unique designs.
3. Product Design - Seymour's childlike, imaginative style has potential for disruptive innovation in product design aimed at enhancing creativity and wonder.