Indiana-based craft distillery Cardinal Spirits has announced the launch of its Flortia Tequila Soda, an all-new ready-to-drink cocktail that promises to be the perfect sipper this summer season.
The new beverage features a blend of premium tequila and Cardinal Spirit's signature Flora liqueur -- citrusy alcohol that is described as being reminiscent of fruit nectar. In addition, the drink is further infused with ingredients such as hibiscus, raspberries, elderflower, and jasmine, adding to its floral and fruit-based flavor profile.
Florita Tequila Soda will be sold in four-packs and each individual can will contain an 8.5% ABV. For those interested, the canned cocktails will be sold in states including California, New York, New Jersey, Kentucky, Connecticut, Wisconsin, and Washington D.C.
Image Credit: Cardinal Spirits
Cardinal Spirits Launches New Canned Cocktail, Florita Tequila Soda
1. Floral Liqueur RTD Cocktails - There is a growing trend for floral- and fruit-based ready-to-drink cocktails, which presents an opportunity for distilleries to experiment with new flavor profiles and for beverage companies to innovate in the packaged, convenience drink category.
2. Premium Tequila with Infused Ingredients - Tequila is gaining popularity as a base for new cocktails, and the trend for infusing premium tequila with ingredients such as hibiscus, elderflower, and jasmine presents an opportunity for distilleries to target consumers looking for unique taste experiences and specialty cocktails.
3. Canned Cocktails - Ready-to-drink cocktails in canned form are gaining popularity, as they provide convenience and portability without compromising on taste. This presents an opportunity for beverage companies to innovate by creating new cocktails in a format that can be easily taken on-the-go.
1. Craft Distilleries - Craft distilleries can innovate by experimenting with new flavor profiles using floral and fruit-based liqueurs, and by infusing premium tequila with unique ingredients to create new cocktails that appeal to the growing consumer demand for specialty drinks.
2. Beverage Industry - The trend for floral- and fruit-based ready-to-drink cocktails, as well as canned cocktails, presents an opportunity for beverage companies to develop new products that cater to the convenience, taste, and portability preferences of consumers.
3. Alcohol Retailers - Alcohol retailers can leverage the trend for premium tequila and unique ingredient infusions by curating a selection of specialty tequilas that offer unique taste experiences to consumers looking for something different from traditional cocktail ingredients.