People struggling to figure out a costume for Halloween this year would do well to reference the cardboard mask project of Sandra Suárez. An avid Instagrammer, she tasked herself with a playful 365 day project in which she crafted a new cardboard mask daily. Utterly adorable and entirely elaborate, she used only basic materials to create each cardboard mask.
Although it has become something bigger than itself, her cardboard mask project was created just for fun. Suarez says, "Sometimes we forget to do the things that amuse us. Leave out the obligations and worries and just play.” From Peter Pan to a dinosaur and even a big delicious burger, her inspiration ranges high and low for each cardboard mask.
Sandra Suarez's 365 Day Project Brings Crafty Inspiration to Instagram
1. DIY Costumes - As people look for unique and affordable Halloween costume ideas, businesses can capitalize on the trend by offering DIY costume kits and materials.
2. Upcycling - The popularity of Suarez's cardboard mask project demonstrates the potential for businesses to upcycle materials and create sustainable products that promote creativity.
3. Social Media DIY Culture - As social media users increasingly showcase their creative DIY projects, businesses can leverage this trend by offering products and services that help people share their projects more easily.
1. Art Supplies - The trend of DIY costumes and upcycling presents opportunities for art supply companies to create new products and market them toward craft enthusiasts.
2. Sustainability - As consumers become more environmentally conscious, businesses in the sustainability industry can promote creative upcycling ideas and sell eco-friendly materials.
3. Social Media Marketing - Businesses can create social media strategies that tap into the DIY culture and encourage customers to share their creative projects using their products.