Did you know that it is possible to turn a pile of flattened cardboard boxed into a water-worthy cardboard kayak? Well, it is and it can all be done for less than $40.
All you need to make your very own waterproof, cardboard kayak is 1 gallon of waterproof wood glue, a paint roller and tray liner and several flattened cardboard boxes (and patience).
Just be sure to laminate the seams so it doesn't sink!
Eco-Friendly, Water-Worthy DIY Kayaks
1. Cardboard Kayaks - The trend of creating water-worthy kayaks from cardboard boxes presents an opportunity for makers to get creative with eco-friendly designs.
2. DIY Watercraft - The trend of building sustainable watercrafts at home presents an opportunity for eco-conscious consumers to save money and reduce their environmental impact.
3. Sustainable Boating - The trend of using eco-friendly materials to create boats presents an opportunity for boat manufacturers to tap into the growing market of environmentally-conscious consumers.
1. Shipping and Logistics - The industry of shipping and logistics could benefit from using eco-friendly and reusable materials to package goods, such as cardboard boxes.
2. Outdoor Goods and Recreation - The outdoor goods and recreation industry can address the demand for sustainable and affordable watercrafts by offering eco-friendly options like cardboard kayaks.
3. Construction and Building Materials - The construction and building materials industry can innovate by creating new types of waterproof cardboard for a variety of applications, including eco-friendly boating.