With the legalization of marijuana in Canada last year, the industry is booming as cannabis retailers begin to open up their very own stores in the city. The Hunny Pot is an example of this movement and a lot can be said of the destination's aesthetic, as well as its location.
For one, the cannabis retailer is located on Queen Street West which is one of the city's most vibing and lively streets. The store is quite discreet, so much so that reviewers relate that it "could be mistaken for a store that sells fine jewelry." Thus, the aesthetics of the business are very elegant and very polished, ultimately elevating the experience of the contemporary consumer and making them feel accepted in a new environment.
Photo Credits: Jesse Milns
The Hunny Pot in Toronto is Upscale, Slick and Approachable
1. Upscale Cannabis Retail - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create cannabis retail stores with an upscale and elegant aesthetic to attract contemporary consumers.
2. Slick Store Designs - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop sleek and polished store designs that make cannabis retailers appear more like high-end retailers instead of traditional dispensaries.
3. Approachable Cannabis Experiences - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Offer welcoming and inclusive environments in cannabis retail spaces to make consumers feel comfortable and accepted.
1. Cannabis Retail - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporate design-forward aesthetics and customer-friendly experiences to differentiate from traditional cannabis retail.
2. Luxury Retail - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore partnerships and collaborations between cannabis retailers and luxury brands to create upscale cannabis shopping experiences.
3. Design and Architecture - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Provide specialized design and architecture services for cannabis retailers looking to create unique and aesthetically pleasing store experiences.