'Tara', a new lookout pavilion designed by Romanian architecture studio Camposaz, gives spectacular vistas of the local Tarcu Mountains. According to the architects, the viewpoint "explores the sensory perception of the environment and communicates with the symbolic and natural language of the elements," existing both on the environment and as a part of it.
In a sense, Tara is a simple structure. It's made almost entirely out of raw pine planks, making it look almost like a rudimentary cabin. However, that material simplicity belies the structure's intricate shape. It's designed with a complex, angular roof, a table in the pavilion fashioned from a portion of a tree trunk, and an elegant set of steps to help people climb the slope and enter the pavilion itself. All that might be impressive, but what's really impressive is the view that it culminates to provide.
Image Credit: Sebastian Apostol
Camposaz's Tara Lookout Offers Views of the Tarcu Mountains
1. Nature-inspired Architecture - Architecture that takes inspiration from nature can provide unique sensory experiences and help people connect with the environment.
2. Simple Material Design - Designing structures with simple materials like raw pine planks can create a rustic, minimalist look while providing a unique sensory experience.
3. Innovative Viewing Structures - Designing new structures or pavilions that allow visitors to experience unique viewing experiences can provide a memorable experience and attract more visitors.
1. Architecture - Architecture firms can innovate by taking inspiration from nature and creating new structures that provide unique sensory experiences for visitors.
2. Tourism - Tourism companies can attract more visitors by incorporating innovative viewing structures in scenic locations to provide a memorable experience.
3. Sustainable Building Materials - Companies that specialize in sustainable building materials can create more business opportunities by providing raw materials like pine planks for simple and eco-friendly structure designs.