Celebrated Japanese clothing brand BAPE translated its edgy streetwear styles to formal cuts, resulting in a number of camouflage suits, graphic button-ups and satirically dapper images in its Fall/Winter series.
Though the clothing genres are typically on the opposite side of the fashion spectrum, BAPE shows that camouflage prints and mustache-sporting apes are possible for any occasion. The Fall/Winter line features functional looks and designs that are sure to garner its wearer a room's attention. Camouflage suits are accented with the army patterns lightly, with one showing it on the pockets and the lapel with a black on grey color scheme.
A three-piece version features a more traditional pin stripe however and is depicted with a mustache-printed tie and shirt. A crew neck shows the ape logo is a formal light, with the brand calling it 'Mr. Bathing Ape' and adorning it with some handsomely groomed facial hair.
BAPE Combined Its Streetwear Prints with Formal Menswear Styles
1. Formal Camouflage Clothing - The trend of combining streetwear prints with formal styles can disrupt the fashion industry by blurring the lines between different genres of clothing.
2. Satirical Dapper Fashion - The trend of incorporating humor and satire into formal wear can disrupt the fashion industry by appealing to a younger, more playful demographic.
3. Functional Formal Wear - The trend of designing formal wear with practical features can disrupt the fashion industry by creating more versatile and functional clothing options.
1. Fashion Industry - The fashion industry can capitalize on the trend of formal camouflage clothing by incorporating elements of streetwear into their formal wear lines.
2. Wedding Industry - The wedding industry can capitalize on the trend of satirical dapper fashion by offering more playful and unique formal wear options for grooms and groomsmen.
3. Retail Industry - The retail industry can capitalize on the trend of functional formal wear by offering clothing that is both stylish and practical for everyday wear.