At first glance, Calamitywear by Don Moyer, a graphic designer based in Pittsburgh, looks like a set of traditional blue willow-pattern porcelain plates. The style of the designs may be iconic, but upon closer inspection, it becomes clear that they are far from traditional. Instead, the scenarios depicted on each plate are hilariously disastrous.
From alien UFO attacks to sea monster sightings and more, Calamitywear by Don Moyer embraces fantastical situations that fly in the face of the serene scenes often depicted on such dishware. With a promise to create at least six different scenes, the American artist has started Kickstarter campaigns to fund them. So far he has two Calamitywear dishes for sale with a third currently vying for funds.
Calamitywear by Don Moyer Turns Tradition on Its Head
1. Disruptive Tableware - Calamitywear by Don Moyer's Porcelain Plates disrupt traditional tableware by introducing hilarious and unconventional scenarios.
2. Humorous Home Decor - Calamitywear plates offer a humorous twist to traditional home decor, disrupting the market by offering a new type of product that appeals to consumers seeking unconventional and playful design.
3. Fantastical Graphic Design - Calamitywear's graphic designs break the mold of traditional tableware by offering unique, fantastical scenarios that disrupt the industry norms of serene and calming designs.
1. Tableware - Calamitywear's Porcelain Plates disrupt the traditional tableware industry by offering a new and playful product for consumers seeking unique and unconventional designs.
2. Graphic Design - Calamitywear's unique and fantastical scenarios offer an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the graphic design industry for those trying to capture a niche market.
3. Home Decor - Calamitywear's humorous and playful twist on traditional home decor products opens up room for disruption in the industry by offering a new category of products that appeals to unconventional and playful consumers.