You won’t find these garden tools at your local hardware store. And even if you did get your hands on one, you probably wouldn’t use it to dig or haul dirt. As you can see, these tools have holes in them.
Cal Lane is a welder and artist who cuts intricate, lacy patterns into steel shovels and wheelbarrows using a plasma cutter. Other works include similarly cut gasoline cans, oil drums, car parts, dumpsters, and i-beams.
Photo of Cal Lane from New York Times.
Cal Lane Designer Shovels
1. Feminized Garden Tools - Creative and special design for garden tools are increasingly popular among women, presenting a new market for businesses to tap into.
2. Artistic Metalworking - Innovative metalworking that results in intricate and attractive designs has the potential to disrupt traditional manufacturing processes.
3. Sustainable Urban Gardening - More and more people are starting to grow their own food, and eco-friendly garden tools that promote sustainable practices are poised to see significant growth in the future.
1. Home Improvement - Businesses that sell products geared toward home improvement and gardening can capitalize on the growing interest in creative tools for the garden.
2. Metalworking - There is significant potential for disruption in the metalworking industry through innovative techniques that create unique and appealing designs.
3. Sustainable Agriculture - Tools that promote sustainable agriculture practices and urban gardening will see increasing demand as more individuals become involved in food production and seek out eco-friendly options.