With its runny white and yellow fondant center, the Cadbury Egg is an Easter treat that many kids look forward to eating every spring. With a slight tweak to the coloring of the egg's insides and branding, now the classic Creme Egg is reimagined as a 'Screme Egg' for Halloween that looks like it came from some sort of mutant chicken.
Confections like the Cadbury Cream Egg and Peeps are some of the best-selling treats around Easter time, but rather than being a product that's only popular once a year, playful branding shows how it can be made relevant for other annual celebrations. For Halloween, Nestle also took a similar approach with the way it turned Coffee Crisp into 'Coffin Crisp' and Aero into 'ScAero' chocolate bars.
The Classic Easter Cadbury Egg Dresses Up for Halloween as a 'Screme Egg'
1. Playful Rebranding - Opportunity to rebrand popular products for different annual celebrations.
2. Seasonal Variations - Creating different versions of popular treats for different holidays.
3. Festive Confections - Developing holiday-inspired confections to coincide with specific celebrations.
1. Confectionery - Opportunity for confectionery companies to create themed versions of their popular products.
2. Marketing and Branding - Opportunity for marketing and branding professionals to leverage holidays and create playful rebranding strategies.
3. Food and Beverage Retail - Opportunity for retailers to stock and promote holiday-themed confections during specific celebrations.