A San Francisco-based startup called Byte Foods is currently creating vending machines that dole out healthy food stocked by local vendors. While consumers are increasingly looking for healthier options at the grocery store, they are unlikely to have the same choice when it comes to vending machine fare. This company is trying to solve this problem by making it easier for consumers to grab healthy food on the go.
The vending machines created by Byte Foods consist of small fridges stocked with salads, cold-pressed juices, sandwiches and coffee from local shops. Consumers simply swipe their credit card and the fridge will automatically detect which item has been removed. Each item has a shelf life of just two days, meaning the fridges are constantly restocked with fresh snacks. In order to prevent waste, the company tracks every purchase and tailors the contents of each fridge to each location.
The fresh food fridges are largely designed for offices that want to offer employees healthier options, while still enjoying the convenience of vending machining.
The Vending Machines by Byte Foods are Stocked with Fresh Food
1. Healthy Vending Machines - Opportunity to create vending machines stocked with fresh and healthier food options from local vendors.
2. Locally Sourced Food - Opportunity to source food locally instead of relying on traditional food distribution channels.
3. Customized Vending - Opportunity to tailor vending machine offerings to specific locations based on customer purchase data.
1. Vending Machine Industry - Opportunity to disrupt the traditional vending machine industry with healthier and customized food options.
2. Food Distribution Industry - Opportunity to disrupt traditional food distribution channels by sourcing food locally from small vendors.
3. Office Foodservice Industry - Opportunity to disrupt traditional office foodservice offerings by providing healthier food options through vending machines.