25 new buses in NYC will use GPS targeted ads that change as the bus drives throughout the city. The ads, for Yell.com, will show detailed information about the area. In the same campaign there will be special bus shelters with maps where you can search for things in the area.
Implications - Advertisers that use buses as a way to get their message out are using a great method that gets viewed by thousands of potential customers per day. A catchy advertisement placed in an unexpected area will cause people to remember the ad. The featured ad campaign is also interactive which is a great way to get people using a new product quickly.
1. Gps-targeted Ads - Opportunity for advertisers to reach customers by delivering personalized and location-based ads that change in real-time.
2. Interactive Advertising - Opportunity for advertisers to engage customers through interactive campaigns that encourage immediate product usage.
3. Smart Bus Shelters - Opportunity to create technology-enabled bus shelters that provide useful information and search capabilities to commuters.
1. Advertising - Disruptive innovation opportunity for advertisers to leverage GPS technology and interactive advertisements for increased impact and engagement.
2. Technology - Opportunity for technology companies to develop GPS-based advertising platforms and smart infrastructure solutions for bus shelters.
3. Transportation - Opportunity for transportation industry to enhance passenger experience by integrating GPS technology and providing real-time information at bus shelters.