Best-selling snowboarding brand Burton has already released a sneak peek of its 2012 lineup. A series of shirts, part of the Burton 2012 collection seems to have taken inspiration from the packaging of products such as Jack Daniels, Listerine, Hennessy and others.
The shirts from the Burton 2012 collection are tastefully humorous and are great to wear on and off the slopes. Long sleeve shirts are preferred by snowboarders due to them being lightweight, breathable and also protective of arms, which prevents sunburn.
The leak only shows a sneak peek of five shirts, but I'm sure Burton has made a few others with similar themes. It's a fun idea that brings fashion and pop culture together in a great package.
The Burton 2012 Line Gets Its Inspiration from Famous Packaging
1. Brand-inspired Apparel - Opportunity for brands to collaborate with fashion companies for brand-inspired clothing lines.
2. Humorous Fashion Designs - A market for humorous and ironic fashion designs is emerging in the fashion industry.
3. Lifestyle-driven Clothing Collections - There is potential for companies to create lifestyle-driven clothing collections inspired by hobbies such as snowboarding.
1. Fashion - Fashion companies could expand their product lines by launching brand-inspired clothing collections.
2. Alcohol - Alcohol brands can collaborate with fashion companies to create clothing lines inspired by their packaging.
3. Sports Equipment - Sports equipment companies could develop lifestyle-driven clothing collections to complement their sports equipment products.