A group of fathers invented Buddee to bring school-safe lunch box options to every child. When one of the founders found out his kids have peanut and egg allergies, he was heartbroken and wanted to make a change. Things like going out to restaurants became difficult, if not impossible. His kids could not attend parties due to unknown safety risks, and their quality of life was lacking.
Buddee is a spread that can be taken to all schools and eaten inside every classroom. The mix is chickpea-based and free from the top ten most common food allergens.
There are currently three versions of the Buddee, including Crunchy Spread, Smooth Spread, and Chocolate Spread. They all have creative packaging that stands out on shelves. Those interested in a healthy alternative to chocolate, Nutella, and peanut butter can learn more about Buddee on Kickstarter.
Image Credit: Buddee
A Group of Fathers Created a Peanut Butter Alternative Named Buddee
1. Allergy-friendly Foods - There is an opportunity for new food products that cater to those with food allergies.
2. School-safe Snacks - Entrepreneurs could develop new snacks that meet school safety regulations.
3. Healthy Alternative Spreads - There is a growing demand for spreads that are both healthy and delicious.
1. Food Manufacturing - Companies could develop and market allergy-friendly snacks and meal options.
2. Education - Schools could consider partnering with food companies to provide safe snack options for students.
3. Retail - Grocery stores could create a dedicated section for allergy-friendly foods and spreads for shoppers.