Brunch has become a weekend ritual for many, and with the ‘Brunch Life’ cookbook, readers are able to replicate some of the most innovative dishes authors Matt Basile and Kyla Zanardi have curated after years of experimentation and travel. With Basile working as the mastermind behind the recipes, and Zanardi behind the camera lens, Brunch Life is a beautiful compilation of modern food that incites readers to keep coming back to it.
Apart from offering up revamped comfort food staples like ‘S'mores Pancakes,’ ‘Family-Style Chimichurri Steak and Egg Tacos,’ and ‘Coconut Fried Chicken and Pineapple Waffles,’ Brunch Life considers the weight brunch culture holds in six major cities across North America. This includes Canadian cities Vancouver and Toronto, as well as San Francisco, New York, Nashville, and Seattle. By considering the impact the mid-day meal has had on these cities, Brunch Life incorporates the inspiration that’s been taken from each one. In effect, this grants readers access to original recipes that have been created with the utmost care and respect to the innovators who’ve made a name for themselves in the scene.
Apart from the creatively elevated comfort food staples, Brunch Life is full of accessible recipes that are meant to suit different needs and time commitments. This includes a wide range of ‘Brunch In Buns’ dishes, a vast selection of unique takes on the Eggs Benedict, family friendly spreads that can be enjoyed by everyone, and lighter dishes for those looking for something a bit more simple. With Brunch Life described as “a showcase for everything and anything that makes brunch culture, [and] a window into a food phenom that is all-consuming and radiant with fanfare,” it functions as an all-in-one guide for those who are looking to grow their skill and increase their knowledge
Brunch Life is currently available for purchase on >Amazon and Indigo. In addition, Lisa Marie, a Toronto bar and restaurant that’s owned by Basile, is open six days a week at 638 Queen Street West.
Image Credit: Kyla Zanardi
Matt Basile and Kyla Zanardi’s ‘Brunch Life’ Boasts Modern Comfort Food
1. Elevated Brunch Cookbooks - Opportunity for creating innovative and modern brunch recipes that cater to the growing brunch culture.
2. Revamped Comfort Food - Opportunity to reimagine and reinvent classic comfort food staples for a modern brunch experience.
3. Brunch Culture - Opportunity to explore and showcase the influence of brunch culture in major cities across North America.
1. Food and Beverage - Opportunity for restaurants and food businesses to create and market unique brunch dishes.
2. Publishing - Opportunity to publish and sell cookbooks that focus on elevated brunch cuisine.
3. Hospitality - Opportunity for hotels and resorts to offer specialized brunch menus and experiences.