Brown Beauty Co-Op is a beauty hub and multi-brand retail space specializing in organic cosmetics that are specifically created for women of color. After seeing a diversity gap in the organic beauty retail sphere, the brand's founders Kimberly Smith and Amaya Smith decided to create their own shop that aims to offer a diverse, high quality range of products.
Kimberly is the founder of Marjani Beauty, an e-retail brand offering organic skincare and makeup products in a variety of inclusive shades, while Amaya is the founder of the Product Junkie, a resource for natural hair care products for women of color. Together the two friends join forces to open up a 1,000-square foot store in Washington, DC.
Following in the footsteps of beauty giant Sephora, Brown Beauty Co-Op aims to offer a selection from both high-end and emerging brands in a luxe and elegant retail environment that goes beyond a traditional beauty supply store format.
Image Credit: Brown Beauty Co-Op
Brown Beauty Co-Op Specializes in Organic Cosmetics for Women of Color
1. Organic Beauty Products for Women of Color - Creating high quality organic beauty products for women of color presents an opportunity for brands to fill the diversity gap in the beauty industry.
2. Multi-brand Retail Spaces - Creating multi-brand retail spaces that specialize in specific demographics or niches can present an opportunity for businesses to provide a personalized and inclusive shopping experience.
3. Inclusive Beauty Ranges - Developing inclusive beauty ranges that cater to traditionally underrepresented demographics can bring in a new and loyal customer base for brands.
1. Beauty and Personal Care - The beauty industry can benefit from providing inclusive beauty ranges that cater to women of color and other traditionally underrepresented demographics.
2. Retail - The retail industry can benefit from creating multi-brand retail spaces and beauty hubs that offer personalized and inclusive shopping experiences for specific demographics.
3. E-commerce - The e-commerce industry has an opportunity to provide diverse and inclusive options for beauty products, especially for women of color.