Although the Broadcasting Place is not actually made from yellow bricks--rather it is predominantly steel--it would still do The Wizard of Oz proud. Reaching for the skies, it is a structurally pleasing design that is both simple yet quirky.
Conceived by Feilden Clegg Bradley Studios, the Broadcasting Place not only houses new offices, but also lecture halls for Leeds Metropolitan University and a Baptiste church. Having won the 2010 RIBA Award, this new piece of architecture is one that will surely make inhabitants of Leed, England, proud also.
The Broadcasting Place Would Even Impress The Wizard of Oz
1. Structurally Pleasing Design - Incorporating visually appealing structural elements into different types of buildings and architecture can bring a new level of interest to the industry.
2. Multi-functional Buildings - Incorporating multiple functions into one building creates new opportunities for innovation and enhances the efficiency of space.
3. Alternative Building Materials - Utilizing unconventional materials in building design can lead to unique and visually appealing designs.
1. Architecture - This industry can explore new ways to incorporate visually pleasing designs into various types of structures.
2. Construction - There is opportunity for the construction industry to explore building techniques for multi-functional buildings.
3. Materials Science - The use of alternative building materials can create opportunities for innovation in material science and advance the construction industry.