The Broken Bride Registry by Toronto-based advertising agency Union is a confrontational bridal booth that seeks to raise awareness of domestic abuse. The heartwrenching project was exhibited by Interval House — a center for survivors of intimate partner violence. Showcased at Toronto's Bridal Show, the campaign is truly powerful.
The Broken Bride Registry is stocked with items such as cigarette burn creams, arm slings, untraceable cell phones and more. With a slogan that "not every bride lives happily ever after," each of the objects in the dystopian bridal booth tells a life story. Through scanning a code, visitors can experience these shocking and real narratives in video or written format.
The campaign was designed to call soon-to-be wives to action, encouraging them to add Interval House to their registry or to make a donation on the spot.
Interval House's The Broken Bride Registry Confronts Domestic Abuse
1. Awareness-raising Activations - Confrontational bridal booths like The Broken Bride Registry use immersive and interactive experiences to call attention to social issues and provoke positive action.
2. Hyper-realistic Marketing Campaigns - Campaigns like The Broken Bride Registry use uncanny or dystopian elements to create a jarring or emotional experience that resonates with consumers and motivates them to act.
3. Socially Conscious Event Marketing - More companies are leveraging events like bridal shows to bring attention to social issues and align with causes that resonate with their target audience.
1. Domestic Violence Prevention - Organizations like Interval House can leverage the emotional resonance and impact of campaigns like The Broken Bride Registry to raise funds and awareness for their missions.
2. Wedding Planning & Merchandise - By partnering with organizations like Interval House and promoting socially conscious campaigns like The Broken Bride Registry, the wedding industry can attract and retain customers who value brands with a purpose.
3. Cause-related Marketing & Advertising - Brands across industries can use immersive campaigns like The Broken Bride Registry to demonstrate their commitment to social responsibility and engage customers who prioritize values-driven purchases.