Household and baby care brand Seventh Generation has sponsored four breastfeeding stations in several New York area airports that offer mothers a private space to nurse or pump milk for their babies. As of right now, there is a station in the JetBlue terminal at the Kennedy Airport, another at the La Guardia Airport and two at the Newark Liberty International Airport.
The pods were the work of Mamava, a brand that is "dedicated to promoting the culture of breast-feeding," and feature two benches, an electrical outlet and doors that fully shut for maximum privacy. The four-by-eight foot space is large enough to fit a family of four, luggage included, if need be. The accompanying Mamava app helps mothers find the pods in airports.
The breastfeeding stations, which are set to open on Mother's Day, reflect a consumer desire for greater accommodation in public spaces.
Seventh Generation and Mamava Offer Private Spaces for Breastfeeding
1. Private Breastfeeding Stations - The creation of private breastfeeding stations in public spaces addresses the consumer demand for greater accommodations for nursing mothers.
2. Promoting Breastfeeding Culture - Brands like Mamava are dedicated to promoting a culture of breastfeeding through innovative initiatives like creating private breastfeeding stations.
3. Technology-enabled Accessibility - The Mamava app helps nursing mothers easily locate the private breastfeeding stations in airports, enhancing accessibility and convenience.
1. Baby Care - The baby care industry has an opportunity to support nursing mothers by incorporating private breastfeeding stations in public spaces.
2. Travel and Tourism - Airports and other travel-related businesses can benefit from providing private breastfeeding stations as a means of enhancing customer satisfaction and accommodating the needs of nursing mothers.
3. App Development - Developing apps like Mamava that help nursing mothers easily find private breastfeeding stations presents an opportunity for innovation and service enhancement in the app development industry.