BreadCrumbz for the Android mobile phone takes GPS to a whole new level by incorporating images and landmarks into directions. Using the Android's camera and built-in GPS, BreadCrumbz users can take photos and geo-tag them before linking them together for directions that feature landmarks.
This picture-based map lets BreadCrumbz users convey specific details of a route that aren't easily communicated on a traditional map or text format. Rather than trying to explain to a friend how to navigate a tricky landscape, you can show them the way with photos.
Check out the video above to see how BreadCrumbz works.
BreadCrumbz for Android
1. Image-based Navigation - The integration of images and landmarks into directions creates new opportunities for image-based navigation and location services.
2. Geo-tagging - The ability to geo-tag user-generated images presents opportunities for location-based marketing and customized content delivery.
3. Enhanced Mapping - Incorporating user-generated images into mapping services could revolutionize the way we navigate and engage with our surroundings.
1. Navigation Technology - The integration of image-based navigation could be a disrupting innovation for GPS and mapping technologies.
2. Travel and Tourism - The ability to easily share and access user-generated image-based directions could transform the travel and tourism industry by providing more immersive, personalized experiences.
3. Social Media - The integration of geo-tagged user-generated images could create new opportunities for social media platforms to provide location-based services and advertising.