Driven by the desire to get back in touch with the traditional food packaging of the classic fish and chips dish New Zealand is renowned for, designer Casey Ng of Toil Drops created the Box Bag.
Originally wrapped in newspaper, the deliciously fried fish and chips dish is no longer served this way due to fears regarding its hygienic properties. In this double component sack, Casey Ng uses two types of materials. There is the plain newsprint which is attached to a sturdy cardboard base to prevent grease from weakening the construction of the bag. When opening, the top tears right off to reveal a newspaper-lined box that encases the food conveniently.
Get back to basics with traditional foods served with a side of contemporary design with the Box Bag.
The Simplistic Box Bag Design Rips in Half for Easy Food-Carrying
1. Sustainable Packaging - The use of environmentally-friendly materials and innovative designs in packaging that reduce waste and promote recycling.
2. Hygienic Food Packaging - The development of packaging solutions that maintain food safety and cleanliness during transport and consumption.
3. Combining Tradition and Innovation - Creating packaging designs that pay homage to traditional food packaging while incorporating modern materials and techniques.
1. Food Packaging - Opportunity for companies to develop innovative and sustainable packaging solutions for food delivery and takeout services.
2. Printing and Publishing - The need for customized, printed newsprint that can be incorporated into packaging designs for food and other products.
3. Design and Creative Services - Demand for designers to create innovative packaging solutions that balance functionality, aesthetics, and sustainability.