By now, it would be tough NOT to know about Borat, but you might not know that Borat has been interviewed on CNN! That's right, Sacha Baron Cohen actually made a major news appearance to promote his hit movie, "BORAT". It's entertaining, watch the video.
Implications - Pop culture thrives off the ideas that are offensive to other cultures such as Sacha Baron Cohen's Borat. By having a controversy surrounding the brand, audiences are more likely to respond to these ideas to help understand why others are making a large deal about it. The more controversial the product or brand may be, the more likely it will do better in regards to sales and popularity.
1. Controversial Pop Culture - Controversial pop culture continues to thrive as audiences respond to controversial ideas.
2. News Appearances for Movie Promotion - Movie promotion now includes major news appearances to attract a larger audience.
3. Comedic Interview Promotions - Comedic interview promotions now aid in the promotion of hit movies and boost popularity.
1. Entertainment Industry - Entertainment industry is able to thrive from controversial pop culture to drive ticket sales.
2. News Broadcasting Industry - News broadcasting industry now incorporates pop culture news appearances to attract more viewers.
3. Marketing and Advertisement Industry - Marketing and advertisement industries are searching for new ways to promote movies through comedic interview promotions.