Boom Supersonic recently partnered with Flight Research to collaborate on producing the XB-1 supersonic plane. The XB-1 is an aircraft that was created to showcase flight technology from Supersonic, as the company works towards its goal of producing passenger jets with supersonic capabilities. Overall the partnership could drastically streamline the testing process for Boom Supersonic.
As part of the partnership, Flight Research will allow Boom Supersonic to use its hanger, which is located at the Mojave Air and Space Port. Flight Research will also provide access to a T-38 Talon aircraft, which has supersonic capabilities and will allow Boom Supersonic to run tests.
The XB-1 is currently under construction, and the flight controls systems and engines were recently completed.
Image Credit: Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic Partnered with Flight Research on the XB-1
1. Aircraft Development - The partnership between Boom Supersonic and Flight Research showcases the trend of collaboration in developing supersonic planes.
2. Supersonic Technology - The completion of flight control systems and engines for the XB-1 highlights the trend of advancing supersonic capabilities in aircraft development.
3. Testing Streamlining - The partnership between Boom Supersonic and Flight Research aims to streamline the testing process for supersonic planes, presenting a trend in improving efficiency.
1. Aerospace - The partnership between Boom Supersonic and Flight Research in developing the XB-1 supersonic plane indicates opportunities for disruptive innovation in the aerospace industry.
2. Aviation - The completion of flight control systems and engines for the XB-1 introduces disruptive innovation opportunities in the aviation industry by advancing supersonic capabilities.
3. Research and Development - The partnership between Boom Supersonic and Flight Research to streamline testing processes showcases potential disruptive innovation in research and development within the aviation and aerospace industries.