This book reading campaign idea out of the Miami Ad School proposes that reading material should come to you when you need it most. The 'Kindle Sitting Library' concept is set up so that when you sit on a bench, a virtual library has the chance to "access you," giving people the chance to download a free e-book with the use of beacon technology.
The beacons offer a unique feature to the benches, enabling the books available in each area to coincide with the surrounding area. For example, books based on dinosaurs are given away close to museum benches. Once a person moves away from a bench, they would still be able to access their downloaded e-book through the Kindle app.
This Book Reading Campaign Provides People with a Way to Pass Time
1. Virtual Libraries - Creating virtual libraries through beacon technology and public spaces to provide easy access to digital reading materials.
2. Contextual Book Recommendations - Utilizing beacon technology to recommend books based on the surrounding area, enhancing the reading experience.
3. Mobile Reading Platforms - Developing mobile apps that allow users to download and access e-books on-the-go, even after leaving the physical location.
1. Publishing and Bookselling - Publishing companies and booksellers can embrace digital book-sharing benches to reach a wider audience and promote their e-books.
2. Technology and Beacon Systems - Companies specializing in beacon technology can capitalize on the opportunity to provide infrastructure and systems for virtual library initiatives.
3. Mobile App Development - Mobile app developers can create user-friendly reading platforms that integrate with beacon technology to offer seamless access to e-books on mobile devices.