French design students Christophe Jourd'hui and Benjamin Baron have created the BMW MZ8, a combination of the company's Z8 roadster and 8 Series sedan. The intriguing concept car has the huge size of the 8 Series and the shapely profile and drop top of the Z8 roadster.
The students designed the BMW MZ8 during an internship project at the German automaker. The MZ8 honors BMW's 40 years in motorsports, but details after that are scarce. What is known is that the BMW MZ8 is rear mid-engined and is powered by a V8 4.4-liter biturbo engine. The size of this concept car and its removable roof makes it look a bit like the Bugatti Veyron, although the MZ8's engine is noticeably smaller. Also, there's a good chance that this concept car, should it be released, would be nowhere near as expensive as the Veyron.
The BMW MZ8 Combines the Z8 Roadster and the 8 Series Sedan
1. Commemorative Car Designs - Designing a modern car that combines elements from iconic models is a way to pay homage to a brand's history while introducing innovation.
2. Hybrid Car Designs - Combining the style of a sports car with the utility of a sedan can introduce new possibilities for car designs and functionality.
3. Personalized Concept Cars - Designers who create customized cars that reflect a client's preferences and style can create new markets and revenue streams.
1. Automotive - Car manufacturers can explore new avenues for design innovation to distinguish themselves in a competitive market.
2. Luxury Goods - Creating personalized concept cars can cater to high-end clientele who value exclusivity and bespoke products.
3. Design - Designers who push the boundaries of existing car models and invent new concepts can influence the automotive industry and create new career paths.