Blue Apron and Planet FWD have announced a new partnership that will help the former brand to take more active steps forward towards a net-zero goal. The partnership leverages the power of Planet FWD's carbon management platform, and will enable measuring, reporting and planning around how to make meal kits more eco-friendly. The initiative comes as the first of its kind with a meal kit company, and could help to strike a balance between convenience and sustainability.
Founder and CEO of Planet FWD Julia Collins commented on the new Blue Apron and Planet FWD partnership saying, "Blue Apron is creating a blueprint for what it means to be a climate-friendly meal kit company. We’re proud to help Blue Apron’s team further their climate impact goals and create a meaningful example for change in their industry, supply chain and beyond."
Blue Apron and Planet FWD Have Partnered for a Net-Zero Goal
1. Carbon Management Platform Integration - Meal kit companies that integrate with carbon management platforms like Planet FWD have the opportunity to measure, report and plan their eco-friendliness to meet net-zero goals.
2. Climate-friendly Meal Kits - The eco-friendly meal kit trend is on the rise, and meal kit companies that position themselves as climate-friendly could appeal to environmentally conscious consumers.
3. Sustainability Supply Chain Management - Companies that prioritize sustainability in their supply chain management, like Blue Apron and Planet FWD, can set an example for change in their industry and beyond.
1. Meal Kit Subscription Services - Meal kit subscription services have an opportunity to appeal to environmentally conscious consumers by prioritizing eco-friendliness and sustainability in their product and supply chain management.
2. Carbon Management Platforms - Carbon management platforms like Planet FWD have the opportunity to partner with meal kit companies and other industries to help them reach their net-zero emissions goals.
3. Food Production and Distribution - Food production and distribution industries can benefit from prioritizing sustainability and eco-friendliness in their supply chain management in response to consumer demand for environmentally conscious products.